DevOps is the combination of software development (Dev) and IT operations (Ops) in an environment that is automated. As development and operations work hand in hand, the entire process of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) becomes swifter and highly efficient. As we know, most modern development processes are shifting to the cloud, implementation of DevOps in a cloud network is rendering amazing benefits. The juxtaposition of cloud and DevOps increases delivery speeds of projects, ensures continuous and enhanced collaboration within the cloud network, reduces costs of development and meets business requirements faster.
The DevOps Approach to Cloud
DevOps is agile in nature and caters to business requirements in real-time. Thus, DevOps acts as a powerful catalyst in the growth of cloud computing by the removal of unwanted latency and by simplifying the development process. Most custom cloud IT solutions, Texas are employing DevOps in full fledge along with cloud technologies like auto-scaling, VM maintenance, etc. It is not always easy to integrate DevOps, unless systemically done. Developers need to follow a step by step procedure before implementing DevOps. These steps are as follows:
1) Defining the requirements of the development
2) Defining the Return on Investment (ROI) for getting investors
3) Defining the processes of DevOps that will be employed; these are subject to changes as the development process continues ahead
4) Understanding the cloud platforms where DevOps will be implemented and defining DevOps solutions
5) Defining operation of the applications within the Cloud (CloudOps)
The Way DevOps Helps
DevOps can do the following within the cloud network:
1) Infrastructure Automation
2) Automation of Development
3) Automation of Testing
4) Automated Deployment
5) Effective Application Lifecycle management (ALM)
6) Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
7) Release Automation
8) Automated System Maintenance and Monitoring
What DevOps Brings to Businesses
Cloud computing, along with DevOps can streamline Information Technology in the following ways:
1) Products and services are released into the market faster than before due to quicker access to the environment of development and speedy deployment.
2) Complexity of the cloud gets much reduced due to automation.
3) Automation leads to results that are error-free and the automated development process ensures greater security.
4) Downtime is reduced to a large extent.
5) Higher scalability is achieved at optimized cost structures and this leads to higher customer reach worldwide.
6) This combination makes businesses more reliable by giving way to great client satisfaction.
DevOps is going to define the effectiveness of cloud computing. Thus, the majority of the enterprise cloud services are intertwined with DevOps, which includes continuous integration, continuous development and continuous delivery. In fact, DevOps and Cloud computing are mutually stimulating. Cloud computing provides a centralized platform for DevOps automation. Popular cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure have already incorporated DevOps.
Some businesses do not have the proper tools for DevOps to function. They are still employing the primitive approaches which in turn are fetching lower values to these businesses. Thus, having a proper knowledge in DevOps is extremely crucial, to understand the large number of changes taking place in a short span of time.
Market competition is increasing each day and it is difficult to beat competitors without extremely fast, seamless and reliable methods. The blend of DevOps and cloud is great for accelerating the overall development process. When the duo is implemented with proper know-how and skills, success is sure to happen. DevOps shifts cloud platforms to agility, thus making existing cloud applications more modernized and paving the way for the development of new cloud-centric applications. The revolution of cloud computing with DevOps has just made its inception and is sure to go a long way in future.